International Gadda Juniors at the Traverse
Edinburgh Gadda Prize Event 4
Hybridity – Live Junior Installation
- Traverse Foyer & Bar, Traverse Theatre, 10 Cambridge St, Saturday 22 September 2012, 6.30pm-7.30pm.
- Junior installation exhibiting work created by a team of thirteen International Gadda Juniors as part of Labs at ECA, Stills Gallery and the Traverse Theatre.
- Hybridity is an ad-lib pre-show foyer-event taking its cue from Pirandello’s Tonight We Improvise and mixing junior entries from Gadda Giovani 2011 and Scottish Gadda Juniors 2012 with extracts from works by Gadda in homage to the hybridity of contemporary art forms. Developed and directed by Laura Pasetti (Piccolo Teatro Milan and Charioteer Theatre) on an idea by Federica G. Pedriali, with multimedia installations created by Rachel McLean and mounted by Evan Thomas (Stills Gallery). Event taking place in parallel with Pre-show Action by Federica G. Pedriali (Traverse 2), with the participation of Federica Gelosa, Lucia Marinsalta and Francesca Tripaldi (Piccolo Teatro Milan), and leading literally to the main show (Traverse 1).
International Gadda Juniors Labs
- Other Media Labs – Stills Gallery, 23 Cockburn St, Thursday 20 September, 10.30am-1.00pm and 2.00-4.30pm. Labs conducted by David Grinly and Rachel Maclean, with shooting session at the National Museum of Scotland.
- Performance Practice Labs – Traverse 2, Traverse Theatre, 10 Cambridge St, Friday 21, 10.30-1.00pm, 2.00-4.30pm, and Saturday 22 September 2012, 12.00am-4.30pm.
The ECA Scottish Gadda Juniors Labs
- Edinburgh – Saturday 23 June 2012, 1.00-5.00pm
- Sculpture Court, ECA, Lauriston Place, Edinburgh. Workshop conducted by Federica G. Pedriali, with ECA graduates Caroline Alexander (Photography), Astrid Jaekel (Illustration) and Thomas Morgan (Film). Nine Scottish Junior semifinalists were treated to a mixed movement-vocal warm-up before launching into the workshop proper. The focus was on the submissions thus far, and tasks involved impersonation and thinking sharply about narrative strategies and reasons for writing stories. In the second half, ECA graduates Caroline Alexander, Astrid Jaekel and Thomas Morgan shared their enthusiasm for their craft and a few of their secrets giving our Juniors a headstart for the Other Media Stage of the competition.
The Participants’ Take
- Gadda Juniors at the Traverse
- Turning barriers into opportunities – the participants’ take